Accounting Software for Small Business
One of the most important decisions a small business needs to make is your choice of accounting software, and one of the biggest mistakes small business owners make is that they purchase accounting software beyond their business needs and level of accounting skill. This can lead to considerable frustration and records that amount to nothing more than a 'computerised shoebox'.
With so many software options available it is easy to become confused, they range in functionality and sophistication with a price tag to match. To assist you we provide the following guidelines:
- If you don't understand double entry accounting (i.e. debits, credits and journal entries) then avoid sophisticated accounting software programs. If you need to use such programs then consider a training course at a local TAFE that runs for around 14-20 hours at a cost of around $350.
- Don't buy software beyond your business needs. If you don't need inventory or a fully integrated general ledger system don't buy a 'Mercedes' when you only need a 'Holden'.
- Your software should be compatible with out general ledger system to allow easy transfer of electronic data. This can save time, money and assist with meeting the various lodgement deadlines.
At West Currie Consultants we invest considerable resources into ongoing staff training to ensure we can recommend the best accounting solution for your business.
If you want the flexibility to work anywhere, anytime and with anyone you want? You can, with MYOB's great cloud software range. There's an MYOB cloud option for every business, whether you're starting out in your spare room or running a more complex business with employees or stock.
Accounting software doesn't need to be confusing, MYOB Essentials is ideal for anyone who is new to accounting, or has previously used paper or Excel to manage the books. It's super easy to use, but still has everything you need to easily manage your business.
Quotes, invoices, expenses, payroll, BAS, GST. It's all there. In one tidy package. You don't even need to know about bookkeeping, MYOB Essentials is designed to work the way you do.
Keeping it simple – You don't need to be an accountant, anyone can do it. In just 3 simple steps you can get your quotes and invoices out the door and get paid faster.
Take back your time – don't waste time keying in data or entering receipts. Link your bank to MYOB Essentials and bank transactions are transferred securely.
Best value for money – You get unlimited bank transactions, unlimited invoices, and you can pay an unlimited number of employees – no hidden costs.
Be up and running in minutes – There's no software to install, so it's super easy to set up your business and get hands-on with you bookwork. Have a look at the tutorial and information via the link below:
AccountRight has more power, more features, and more control to run your business your way. Adding a Live subscription delivers the cloud without compromise – feature rich software that works online or offline, and lets you switch between the two.
If you are using AccountRight today, this is the choice for you. There's no data conversion or learning a new system – you just take your current AccountRight file online.
Totally flexible - Shape and customise how your quotes, invoices and purchase orders look, and create documents as unique as your business.
Painless payroll and timesheets - Confidently handle PAYG, state-based payroll tax, super and leave, even if you work from timesheets.
Easy project and job tracking - Keep an eye on how much time and money has been spent and how it stacks up against your plan.
Take control of your stock - Access an inventory management system so advanced, you'll always be able to track what you buy and sell. Have a look at the tutorial and information via the link below:
Online, hosted and desktop accounting software for business of all sizes.
Reckon is a leading Australian software developer offering a host of solutions for individuals and businesses. Reckon have complete accounting packages including inventory and payroll management that can give you access to your company data file on a PC, Mac, iPad or android device.
Accounts Hosted – Online Accounting solution for all your business needs
Accounts Home & Business – formally Quicken Home & Business
Ideal for the home or small business operator, the ease of use of this software makes it the perfect choice for a simple to use package. The perfect way to keep track of your small business activities and manage your finances, process business transactions and get an overview of your business' performance.
· Manage your finances – Keep a close eye on all of your finances with the Personal Centre, which stores and tracks all your financial information and cash flow. It sees exactly where you are spending and how that impacts your net worth, plus these are easy to export in a PDF report.
· Professional Business Tools – If you need to create invoices or estimates to send to your customers, then this can be done easily and quickly with Reckon.
· Business Centre – Get a quick snapshot of how your business is going with the Reckon Business Centre. It allows you to look at your business' Profit and Loss position, as well as a breakdown of how your business is going in different areas.
· Maximise Investments – Monitor all your investments easily, meaning that not only can you see how they are doing but how they all compare to each other, so you can better make investment decisions.
Accounts Plus(formally QuickBooks) – Desktop software functionalities, with cloud benefits
With Accounts Plus, keeping your books is easy and you also have the tools you need to run your payroll and pro-actively manage your business.
Ideal for small businesses with employees, Reckon Accounts Plus is the perfect way to track and manage finances, inventory and payroll. Time saving features and powerful functionality make Account Plus essential for efficiency minded business operators.
- Company Snapshot – Present the most significant information that impacts your business through the customisable Snapshot tool. Income and expense graph, previous year comparison, account balances and numerous other indicators centralised important information for your decision making.
- Customer, Supplier, Employee and Report Centres – Easily manage information and transactions in Customer Centre, Supplier Centre and Payroll & Employee Centre. Create, manage or monitor various tasks relevant to each business area. Report Centre allows you to simplify a wide range of activities and make accounting easier
- Online Banking – Reconcile business transactions, check accounts, transfer money and more through Accounts Plus online banking tool. High-level encryption protects your financial details, while you upload and download transactions directly with your bank.
- GovConnect – Manage your Business Activity Statement (BAS) using GovConnect enabled software. Easily access prefilled forms, real-time validation and estimates of BAS obligation or refund, and outstanding or historical submissions through a single place.
Purely cloud based software package. See Online Accounting for further information.
The team at West Currie Consultants understands choosing software is a business decision, however, it is also a personal choice based on business size, circumstances and knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and software programs. Please contact the office to discuss your options.
Back to services